When shopping for a new free standing wood burning stove, many people told us how much they loved our Kimberly™, but they needed a bigger wood stove for their bigger home.
Just like our little Kimberly™, our Katydid™ gasifier wood stove provides the means to not only heat, but also cook, bake, generate electricity, heat water, and create light with wood stove accessories, coming soon.
Kill your heating bill with a Katydid™ wood stove!
- Approved for use in a home or mobile home in the United States and Canada.
- Slim 12-inch square profile.
- Approved for just 21 inches of side clearance without use of reflector panels.
- Heats bigger spaces, up to 2,000 square feet or more of well-insulated space
- Semi-portable, weighs just 150 pounds.
- Saves hundreds of $$$ in installation costs with a unique venting system.
- Easy installation for the Do-It-Yourself-er.
- Cook top surface for on-grid or off-grid cooking.
- Optional accessories will generate electricity, bake, and heat water.
- Perfect for emergency preparedness.
- Made in America from domestically produced steel, black powder-coat finish.
- Designed for many years of trouble-free service.
- Five-year, non-prorated warranty.
Ultra efficient and clean
- EPA-certified and CSA-certified at 1.9 grams/hour emissions.
- Exceeds the new EPA emissions standards for the year 2020.
- Exceeds the emission standards for Fairbanks, Alaska and Washington state.
- Burns up to 10 hours (coal bed to coal bed) on a single load, providing a good night’s sleep.
Price & Value
TOTAL installation costs are similar to a $2,000 wood stove:
|$2050 BRAND "X" Wood Stove||$3995 KATYDID™ Wood Stove|
|$1500 Class-A Chimney Pipe († Estimated)||$450 Chimney Pipe († Estimated)|
|$500 Floor Pad (Estimated)||$100 Floor Pad (Estimated)|
|$450 Shipping & Handling (Estimated)||$300 Shipping & Handling|
|$4500 TOTAL Investment||$4845 TOTAL Investment|
† Estimated costs for a single story residential application will vary according to the construction of your home and placement of your stove. Expect to incur additional costs for insulated pellet pipe in colder climates and for a 1-1/2 story or 2 story installation.
(††) Residents of AK and HI should request a shipping quote.
Contact us today!